Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Met Fellow Au Pairs

YAY. I did it mums, I met other au pairs. They are both from Texas as well. One is from Houston and graduated from UNT in 09, and the other is from Fort Worth, but her family moved to Michigan. They are both amazing and very nice. I am jealous of both of their jobs as well. Why is it that I keep getting families with 4 kids? Tres beacoup les enfants. They live outside of Paris, on the RER A, last stop St. Germain, if that means anything to any of you. They dropped me off at the train station at midnight, just in time to make the last RER back to Paris at 12:17.  I got to La Defense but just missed the Metro 1. On top of that I lost my navigopass, so I was stuck in the train station because I need it to get out, and there was not a person in sight. I was a rebel and hopped over the bar to get out. Then I took the discouraged mile or so walk back home. I am quite upset I lost my navigopass, in the RER I assume, but today, the 1st of March I had to recharge it anyway, so I only lost 5 bucks and a horrid picture of me. Better luck next time. :)

Today I am meeting another au pair who is visiting Paris for the day. I am very excited.

Oh yeah, the 2 au pair girls from Texas invited me to church with them this Sunday. I am pretty sure it is not Catholic, but after reading almost half of the book Lois sent me (Joshua) I don't mind. It is a church that sounds like a lot of young people go to. I am excited to meet people there. :) Mum you would be so proud.

XOXO,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment