Monday, February 28, 2011

God Bless America.

I woke up today at 7 to get the kids ready to go back to school. Not only was I not happy for the vacation to be over, meaning I could no longer sleep in, but the kids were lets say... less than thrilled. What a fight with Samuel it was. haha.

They went off to school and I decided to venture to Carfour, to get a pass to recharge my phone, and to buy shampoo. Since it was 3 metro lines away I took the liberty to do a little shopping there as well. Only for non-perishables, due to the fact when the kids see my food in the fridge, they want it, and I am not allowed to say no (due to some community BS.) I ended up getting shampoo, pringles (TX bar-b-Q), peanut-butter, frosted flakes, toffee, and a box of wine (in honor of my besties - Berit & Haley).

On the way back I met a professor at the English Business school in Paris. He had been here for 7 years and refused to speak French, though he knew it. He said Paris unlike any other part of France speaks weird French, and they are rude if you dont talk with the accent. YAY. He gave me some great advice though. He gave me the name of a company that is looking for English speakers to teach people at businesses and children english for 20 euro an hour!!!! woop!!! i could make more in 5 hours than I do all week. I am really going to look into it. Especially with Lyn returning sooner, and the lack of privacy and freedom here.

So now I have a lot to think about and look into. I know that I want to stay in Paris, but not having my own space, or life, is making it hard to love it here to the amount I know I would. I will still be staying to do my classes which start March 28th and end at the end of June, but depending on how another job as a teacher looks, I may abandon my au pairing and just be young in Paris. I know I do want to go to culinary school after I finish language school. I'd be a Parisian trained chef, able to start my own restaurant in Dallas. What a life.

XOXO,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment