Saturday, February 5, 2011

tres tres happy

So yesterday I went to Champs-d'elysse to find supplies to make Valentine cards. I spent all afternoon cutting and gluing and making cards. Then it was time to get Gabrielle from school. She was very, very mad that I forgot to bring her a snack, said I should call an ambulance right away to bring her to a restaurant because she was that hungry. Home is only a 15 minute walk away so I promised her she would live. Next time though, I won't forget the snack. When we got home we hung out for a bit and I gave her a snack. After I bathed the boys and played. Samuel had an absolute fit, throwing chairs and what not, I don't remember the reason, but it was crazy. Finally he calmed down. He is the cutest boy in the world, but when he is tired, he is crazy.

Dinner was later on Friday. We had a typical Shabbat dinner. It was my first ever, and it was quite an experience. After dinner I went out. I met some Canadians in a pub who talked about how amazing Canada is. Yay. They were very, very liberal, but interesting.

I came home on the last metro of the night. It is very suprising the metro closes here. I went to bed. And this morning was pretty typical. The older kids have a tutor that comes on Saturdays, so it was nice to interact with another girl about my age. When they finished their homework, we watched Mama Mia (in French). Thank God the music was in English though, because that is my favorite part.

Then I went to meet Emmanuel for coffee. We went to a beautiful park near the Louve. It was full of sculptures, I am still amazed I really live here. Anyways, I always have an amazing time with Emmanuel. He is so smart. Perfect in every way. :) I will be happy for a while after my afternoon.

XOXO,
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. So, I'm guessing that half a dozen kids of your own is not in your future? haha. Yes, little ones are a lot of work.... but then, the teenage years are in many ways, harder.

    How nice of Emmanuel to meet up for the afternoon! Sounds like every day is yet another adventure filled with both the good and the not-so-good (cranky kids)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy!

    Enlighthen us about Shabbat. I believe it involves courses, praying and lighting candles and bestowing blessings, right?

    Lucie says that after school snack is very important. Make sure you bring it next time.

    Now that you've completed a whole week at your new home and understand the rhythm of the house, sit with the parents and propose a regular schedule so you have established days off. They are new to the au pair situation, so the boundaries will have to be negotiated.

    Keep up the good work. You're living the life of a mom. Good training for your future.

    Off to build a snowman...
    Love you much - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Paris sounds amazing!! :) I'm a tiny bit jealous...

    ReplyDelete