Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bon Jour

Vacation turned out to be wonderful, despite the rocky start. I got in a bit of trouble with J-F before I left over unmet expectations for him and unknown expectations from me. I thought it was going to be a horrid 5 days of the same criticism but it wasn't bad. After a 5 or 6 hour car ride, we finally got to Carnac. The kids slept most of the way so I got a lot of reading done. I had the upstairs of their oceanfront home to myself with 4 bed up there to pick from.

When we got there, J-F took me on a tour of the town. The church was the center of the whole town, and it was amazing. It was built in 1639, yes, older than America. It was great. So when walking by it I asked, "Do I get tomorrow off?"  J-F was amazed I would even ask such a thing.  After the exhausting car ride, and unpacking, I was near tears trying to explain why I was asking for a day off. I didn't get it, not exactly in the end, but it turned out to be ok.

On Sunday, we went to the market. It was so cool. We bought fresh fish, veggies, fruits, cheese, gingerbread, and pastries. I love markets, and regardless of the pouring rain and cold, this one was fun. I left the family at the market, and went to church. It was the most beautiful church I have ever attended. Everything was so old. I was the last to leave at the end because I was walking around in awe.

Over the next 3 days, it rained at least 3 times a day. We went to the beach and to the standing stones a couple of times. It was very nice. Every night I went for a walk to the creperie and had a crepe and cider. It was a great time. I have pictures to post.

Tomorrow I am going to Disneyland with Samuel. I bet it will be so fun!

XOXO,
Mandy

PS- Sorry it's not that long, Samuel is falling asleep in the next room, and I need to get off. and sorry for type-o's, I'm on a French computer and it doesn't have English spell check.

No comments:

Post a Comment