Friday, March 4, 2011

well hello there Princess?

I didn't have to walk to get any kids from school yesterday. Their g-maw came to the rescue and drove and picked them up. How nice! Gabi stayed at school until 7 then went to dance, so it was quieter without her here. I took the liberty while she was out to take down the posters of kitties, dogs, and dolphins that cover the walls in my room and move them to what I am designating at Gabi's corner of the room while I am here. I replaced them with pictures of my family, friends, and my favorite places in Paris. When she sees the change, she may freak, but hey, I did what she demanded and cleaned my room. haha.

After dinner I started to make Samuel's birthday invitations. Sandrine said just to use the left over pirate invitations or mix match what they had, but little does she know, I live for projects like making invitations. I decided on making them in the shape of the Superman S made in paper of his favorite colors. Thankfully he only wants to invite 6 friends, so it only took an hour. He loved them, and Sandrine loved them, she said everyone will be shocked at how fancy his invites are. Great compliment. J-F told me he wanted to give them out at school tomorrow so he wrote out what I needed to print out and glue to the back. I went to the computer where Gabi was sitting with Sandrine standing next to her. It was already 9:30 and I wasn't going to stay up all night making invites, so I nicely said to Gabi, "May I use the computer real quick to print out stuff for Samuel's invites?" She said no! No, no, no, sorry but no. I just stared at her, with Sandrine there next to her saying nothing.  I walked to my room, breathed and came back with the supplies for someone else to finish the invites. I handed it off to Sandrine and said, I do not want to be up all night working on these, so here are scissors and glue for when you print them out. I went to my room, closed my door and began to read. Before long J-F was at my door asking about the invites. I said Gabrielle would not let me use the computer to finish them so you or Sandrine can when she decides to get off. He just said O.K. Not my kid not my problem.

When I had just turned my light off to go to sleep at 10:15, my door opens. It was Gabrielle taking the liberty to rummage about looking for who knows what. I said aren't you suppose to be asleep, and I asked you to knock before coming in my room. She said nothing and continued to look about. These kids radiate respect for me huh?

This morning, Samuel got himself dressed, and Benjamin was upstairs eating before I had even gotten up. Gabi was the only problem. She did not want to get up, then when she got up, she did not want to eat. She sat at the table with her iPod on and a book in her hands, a big no-no to J-F. Once Sandrine was in the kitchen I decided I wasn't going to deal with her (Gabi's) attitude so I went about my way doing the dishes the parents left from dinner. And attending to the other kids.  Sandrine let her do what she wanted.

Daddy, you will think this is crazy... my favorite part about this job is doing dishes. It is the only thing I can do here that doesn't involve talking to these undisciplined kids. I swear, I must load and unload the dishwasher at least 2 or 3 times a day, and I hand wash pots in between. Getting me ready for the restaurant world.. maybe?

Tonight I get to go grocery shopping before getting Elsa from creche. And before that I have to get Gabi. I am bringing a chocolate bar for her snack. Hopefully that will make her shut up and be manageable for the afternoon.  Her mom told me to give her the chocolate bar for snack.  Oy! 

XOXO,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment