Friday, March 11, 2011

I can see the Eiffel Tower from here!

I met the girl from a suburb of Chicago for lunch. It was a really good lunch. I had an Asian salad with crawfish on it and rice pudding. We talked and got to know each other. She was very cool and very fluent in French. Everyone I meet here is so showing my French skills up. I am still hoping they will come to me soon. Like I'll wake up one day and be totally fluent. Fluent enough to get a taxi home, ask sufficient directions, and order a meal without the waiter automatically talking to me in English. My French is improving, for sure, but I am no where to the point I wish I could be.

After lunch we walked to Trocadero, a beautiful platform-type thing nestled between two amazing museums that overlooks the Eiffel Tower. Though it was not a completely clear day, it was still a pretty sweet view.

I am home now, about to get Princess Gabrielle from school. Then I have to take her home and rush to get Elsa. They are going to the doctor today. Elsa is getting the meningitis shot.  I hope it doesn't totally wipe her out so she won't be cranky. I was asked to take Benjamin to get a hair cut this afternoon as well. His hair is currently cut just like Justin Bieber's, way cool. I know he will be disappointed if they take his Bieber look away, so hopefully I'll be able to speak enough French to let them know to leave the flow. :) God knows he's too shy to speak up himself.  It will be a semi busy afternoon, and I am already pretty tired. I haven't gotten sufficient sleep at night in days. I got asked to go to the Discoteque tonight with my lovely current French infatuation. I will be declining in hopes of hitting the hay early tonight.

Tomorrow I have to babysit the kids at night. I hope we are allowed to watch one of the 4 Star Wars movies Samuel got for his birthday. That would make the job a lot easier, but who knows? I still haven't gotten a feel for when the kids are allowed to watch TV. It's like when the parents are home and don't want to deal with them, they'rer allowed to watch something, but when I'm here, and I don't want to deal with them they are not. No fair.

XOXO,
Mandy

1 comment:

  1. I feel so bad now when I would tell the babysitters or summer nannies to do something fun with the kids and don't let them sit in front of TV all day. I'm afraid I am guilty of what S and J-F do. TV/videos sometimes babysat my kids when I was busy.

    ReplyDelete