Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm giving it all away.

Church was great today, it was exactly what I needed. I was blessed and got to attend it with Jasmine. She's a doll. After church I wanted to go to Notre Dame for a Catholic service, but the next one wasn't until 4:30 and I had to babysit at 6. So I went to grab a cheap lunch instead. At Paul Bakery, you can get a sandwich, desert and drink for 8 something Euros, which would have been great on my budget. I have had only 10 Euros to last me the last 3 days. As I walked the streets of Paris, I failed to find that bakery, but I found a sandwich shop where I could get a panini, crepe and drink for 5,50 Euros! Even better! I was alone in the shop for a while, and talking with the sandwich man, and ended up getting a free meal! How cool! There is no telling the lengths I will flirt for something free while I am so broke. He even upgraded me to a crepe with nutella, and threw in a bottle of water. Amazing! I gave him my phone number in exchange, but looking back, I think I got a pretty sweet deal for telling someone 10 numbers. :) For now I am above begging, but I am not above batting my eyelashes and laughing at silly jokes. You're only young once I suppose.

Then I came home and took a nap. I know this is suppose to be "my home" but on my time off when I am here, they expect me to be working. I can not just hang out at home on my day off. Sad really. The kids walked into my room to tattle and etc. about 5 times during my short 1 hour nap. Blah. I cannot wait to get some real time off when they are on vacation.

The parents went out tonight, so I am babysitting. I popped in a movie and told them since I was giving them a treat, the minute the movie ended their butts better be in bed. They agreed, but I still haven't gotten that far to see if they actually obey.

In better news, Elsa has officially named me. I am no longer Papa or Mama, but now I am Ra-ra! Yay! I think it is because I like to sing her the rah-rah-ree kick 'um in the knee, rah-rah-rass kick them in the other knee cheer my dad used to sing for us. Regardless, I'll take Ra-ra over mama and papa any day!

I start classes tomorrow. I am nervous and still deciding what I am going to wear and everything! I can't wait to have yet another outlet (of fellow au pairs) outside of this house.

15 days till England to see Josh!!! The anticipation for that trip is literally what keeps me going.

XOXO,
Mandy

PS- At church today they said "let it be" was amen, which makes my tattoo on my foot even cooler I think. AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. This blog was fun to read. Our St. Paul CCD class prayed for peace in your house today. They miss you.

    Good luck in class tomorrow!
    Love, Mums

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep praying please, things were a little better today. Your prayers are penetrating these walls and their hearts

    ReplyDelete