Monday, March 14, 2011

That's Wild

I woke up after "sleeping in" on my day off. I took a shower and got ready thinking church began at noon. I left with enough time to get breakfast on the way. I was rummaging around my purse and saw the business card for church. On it, it said church began at 11. It was then 10:50 and I was about 11 metro stops away. Yikes! Somehow I got there just in the nick of time. Kara, my au pair friend from Houston, waited for me outside, because she's awesome.

After church Kara, a Canadian girl and I all went to the Japanese restaurant across the street. It was so cheap it was amazing. For 7 Euros, I got 6 rolls, soup, salad and rice. In Paris, that's a huge bargain. We sat at a long table, because that is the usual hang out for people after Hillsong. 2 Haitians from Florida came in and sat with us. Everyone was great company. Just as I was about to have to go, 2 GORGEOUS men (they were twins) from Pittsburgh came joined our table. It was hard to make myself leave to go to a 5-year-old's birthday party when such amazing company joined out table. I need some au pair award, because I did it.

I got home at 2:50 pm, 10 minutes before the party started. 2 kids were already there. I blew up balloons and covered the kitchen table with newspaper because it was my job to do a mask-making workshop with the guests. From earlier blogs, you may recall how I think Samuel is a tad crazy, with way too much energy. Sometimes I believe I even refer to him as a little devil. Now I know where it comes from. These 10 kids (9 boys and 1 girl) were absolutely wild, and I observed that without knowing what they were saying. J-F was amazed at how misbehaved they were. He did a marionette show for the kids, then they played magical chairs. After magical chairs it was my turn to entertain them with making masks. Paint + 10 misbehaved 5-year-olds is quite a site. I'm impressed I succeeded and every kid made a different animal mask. Then they ate cake (or tons and tons of candy rather), played pin the tail on the donkey, and "listened" to a story told by the story-teller.

I cleaned up 50% or so of the mess once the kids left and got ready to go back out. I took the metro to near Notre Dame, I wanted to see it at night. It is amazing all lit up. I had dinner alone at the piano bar, and sat on the patio so I would have a view of 'Our Lady' my whole meal. Perfect dinner. Just as I was finishing, I got a text from my French model friend I went out with the other day, for now we can call him my "French Boyfriend". He told me to come to the restaurant he serves at and wait till he got off.  Having finished, and having nothing better to do, I went. I got there at about 10:30 pm, expecting him to be off soon, but no. I sat, got amazing service, but nonetheless sat in the restaurant playing with my iPod forever. He finally finished at 12:30. I was just expecting to grab a drink or possibly take a walk, so I would get home at a reasonable hour. Instead he took me to a French Disco-Tech (night club). Not only do I HATE clubs, but I was by no means dressed for a night at the club. From going to church earlier I was still conservatively dressed.  In fact, I looked like a 50's house wife. I was in a skirt that went past my knees and a long sleeve shirt (that showed no cleavage), I wasn't even wearing a push-up bra. I was so out of place. The people in the club all looked like they walked out of the Jersey Shore. I had 10x the amount of clothes as all the girls and no bunny ears. I felt bad for my "French boyfriend," but he didn't seem to mind my outfit at all. He could have easily been the most attractive man there, and he never left me, or seemed embarrassed by me. He's pretty cool.

We left at about 3 to walk home. I was already later than I thought I would be getting home so I made him hail me a taxi. We said goodbye, and I got into the taxi. The taxi man was the nicest but creepiest I had ever had. He offered to give me a free tour of Paris right then instead of taking me home. I politely declined. He kept saying, "Tu es tres belle," and "J'aime americaine filles."  Well cool. I finally got it through that I had to be home, and he took me there. He said he could give me the tour tonight. I took his number but won't be calling. No creepy taxi man for me.

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday, as you can see I was quite busy.

My sister comes in a couple hours, pray that she has a safe flight!

XOXO,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment