Wednesday, March 2, 2011

ITS JUST PEANUT BUTTER!!!!!!

On the walk to take Gabrielle to yoga, she said, if you can eat peanut butter, than I should be allowed to eat chocolate after school, then she said both chocolate and peanut butter make you, as she puffed up her cheeks and widened her arms to say they make you fat. I said first off, I am an adult, so I can eat as I please. And chocolate has close to no nutritional value, while peanut butter is full of protein (and yes fat). I wanted to scream. This is a culture where they eat nutella by the spoon full, and slab butter on everything. They even put sugar on fruit before they eat it, and they think peanut butter is some forbidden food?! The obesity problem in America is not because of peanut butter. It is because of processed foods, big portions, and hormones. For some reason the French think it is because of peanut butter. She then went on to say, she wants me to pick up the stuff in "her room". I replied for the time being, it is my room, and she has no place to tell me to pick it up. These kids have never picked up a thing in their lives. I also told her, that in 6 or so weeks, it would be her room again, trying to tell her that she was impossible to work with. She didn't understand that, but I feel like I am warming up to leave.

So correct me if I am wrong, is peanut butter really worse for you than nutella, multiple chocolate bars, butter on everything, and spoons of sugar? I'm really dying to know.

XOXO,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment