Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I can't learn to like you if you keep acting like this.

Last night the kids went to bed super late. They were even still awake after I went to bed. I know, because I could hear them screaming and whining until I put my headphones in. Therefore, this morning, they were awful. I feel like a broken record in the morning, "get up, open your eyes, get out of bed, good morning, i mean it get up..." This morning Benjamin reluctantly got up after 10 minutes or so of my begging, and Gabrielle refused to get up. I asked her what shoes she was wearing to school and she said her Nike's, so I went all they way to her closet, found them among the 100 pairs of shoes, and set them down by her laid out body on the bed. Then she screamed. Literally it was a scream of bloody murder, and she yelled "mom-mo." All I could think is great whats wrong now? She then started saying I put dirty shoes on her bed and should be punished. Wait, wait, I should be punished for serving her lazy ass that won't get out of bed in the morning to get her own shoes? Hmm. She is making it almost impossible to even like her.

Then at breakfast, she usually refuses to eat, so I have even stopped asking her, because her response was always a whiny scream nothing. So I made Samuel and Elsa oatmeal. Then J-F comes in and takes the oatmeal I made for Elsa and starts spoon feeding it to Gabrielle. Honestly, I wish I would have taken a picture of what I watched this morning. Gabrielle was sitting in a parents chair at the end of the table, reading a magazine, as her mom brushed her hair and her dad spoon fed her the oatmeal I made for Elsa. I am so glad my job will be over long before she is a teenager. She is absolutely awful now as it is, just wait until she hits puberty. I can't say I feel sorry for J-F and S though, they are creating these monsters. If I do last and don't quit this job, 7 months of observing how not to parent your kids will make for a great book.

I am off to class in a little bit. It is my second day, and I am not all too excited after the first day. I was hoping to make friends, but I can't see any of these girls wanting to be friends with me. Who knows, maybe thats just how they are acting? After class I am going to have a picnic by the Louvre.

XOXO,
Mandy


PS- HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH! 14 days till I get to see you!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mandy and Lois, some modern day parents have completely lost their way. I know that Jeff wore us (well me) down a lot and I gave in just to shut him up, but usually it was not without a fight and certainly not the routine. Looking back, I know that this was a very bad thing to do. Lazy, exhausted parenting on my part.

    I am glad that my sweet summertime teenagers didn't blog about us. I bet they had some pretty interesting stories. Then again, if I had known that someone was blogging, maybe I'd have improved on my parenting skills by seeing the story from the outside looking in.

    Raising kids has a few simple basics. They need adequate sleep, good nutrition, boundaries, and love. These things make them successful and secure.

    Still praying for peace for you Mandy. Glad you have a plan to talk through the situation with the parents and practice the art form of negotiation.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete