Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mardi Gras, like any other Tuesday.

Tuesdays are the worst. The kids have tons of activities and we have to go, go, go to get them from school. This morning all but Samuel woke up easily. They went to bed after 10, so I am impressed 2/3 of them got up. Gabrielle was excited it was Mardi Gras. I think Mardi Gras in France is like Halloween for kids in the states, because she wore a 'Halloween' costume to school. The boys did not because they go to a Jewish Hebrew school. Elsa even dressed up for today.

My days are still relaxing because I haven't started taking my French courses yet. I went back to bed after they were off to school. How nice :). And apparently it is 'Woman's Day' today, so I keep getting wished a good day from my European friends. I think the whole thing is cute, though in America, I think we consider every day to be 'Woman's Day'. I am more excited it's Mardi Gras, unless there is some deal for women at the bars tonight, then I'm all game.

Today I have to get Gabrielle from school, rush her home, hope someone else is here to watch her, then run off and get Elsa. By the time I return, the piano teacher and Hebrew teacher will be here for the older kids' lessons. I always have to think of ways to keep Samuel from disturbing the lessons, which he loves to do. My favorite is when he gets the bright idea to run into the piano room during lessons and bang on it. Neither I nor the instructor seem to grasp how amazing he thinks it is. Maybe I'll take him out of the house today to keep the casualties to a minimum.

Josephine just walked in looking awful. She says she is sick. I feel so bad.  Not only is Tuesday the worst day to get sick in this family, but if she decides to go home, I don't think I can do it without her.

Tonight I am going out to find Mardi Gras festivities! I'll probably just go to the Irish Pub where the foreign business men speak English. Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

XOXO,
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. In the U.S., it's TGIF (Thank God It's Friday). So, in Paris it is TGIW (Thank God It's Wednesday)? Fingers are crossed you don't get whatever Josephine has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, im not learning any Hebrew, and barely any French too for that matter haha

    ReplyDelete