Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's just like New York

On the walk anywhere Maddie likes to day, "it's just like New York." Then I reply, except for the lack of people smiling, no english, dog poop everywhere, and smoking, but yes other than that, I guess you could say it is like New York.

I woke up today and got the kids ready for school. Samuel was being bad yesterday, so I refused to give him his present. This morning he woke up with the greatest ease. I told him once he got dressed, I would allow him to open his present. He practically jumped out of bed. The boys went off to school, then I got Elsa ready. Gabrielle is putting on an act with Maddie here, and is acting like an angel. Gag. Maddie thinks she's fun, and Gabrielle seems to adore Mad-Mad.

We walked Gabrielle to her friends house, then went explore Paris. We went to the mall by the Louvre, and bought some gifts for people back home. Then we grabbed a coffee at Starbucks. After, I took her to my favorite place in paris. Tuilleries, it's beautiful especially with the sun out. We laughed about all the naked statues, posed and hung out by the ponds. Then I took her to Notre Dame. She wasn't all that impressed with it, and we walked through fast. Though the church is beautiful, it's more of one of those things you go to, to say you did it. We got lunch at a crepe shop, and met an American on a pilgrimage. I was even able to give her directions to St. Dennis (thanks mum for taking me there, so I'd know). We got on the Metro home. Now were relaxing until I have to take Benjamin to the hairdresser, then get Elsa from day care. Mad and I have to babysit tonight. I hope her newness doesn't wear off before that, so the kids listen to me.

Pictures of our adventure so far are on Facebook! Go look!

XOXO,
Mandy & Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment