Saturday, March 5, 2011

Kitchen Worker

Last night Shabbat didn't go as bad as usual. The kids were relatively well-behaved. After dinner, I cleaned up since I have a found a new love for doing dishes. I went out after dinner to meet a friend. I didn't stay long and was home by midnight. I read for about an hour and went to sleep. I am now reading the sequel to Pillars of the Earth called World Without End. Very good. I recommend it for anyone looking for a LONG, LONG read.

This morning I woke up and the older 2 kids had tutoring. Samuel was in the mood to do everything possible to make Elsa scream and scream and scream. Sandrine asked me to cook lunch for the family. I spent all morning cutting veggies to make fried rice. It turned out good though I put too much egg in it. Benjamin said he adored my lunch, and Gabi was the only one who didn't like it. She said, "I am ashamed, but I do not like the lunch you made," and I said, "That's fine, don't eat it." At least she was nice while saying she didn't like it. I did the dishes after lunch, and Elsa was put down for a nap. Benjamin went to a friend's, and Gabrielle is at tennis. I figure Sandrine and J-F can handle Samuel for a bit, so I am relaxing and reading in my room. I think I will have a boring night in tonight, but tomorrow, for my day off, I am meeting my au pair friends for church. SO EXCITED!

XOXO,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment