Thursday, March 3, 2011

Alone time.

I am happy to say that since I got paid on Tuesday, I haven't spent a dime. I know I really have to start saving if I do indeed want to stay in Paris (LIVING ALONE) for culinary school. I have even started searching the internet for inexpensive furnished flats.

J-F came home last night from his business trip. I could tell he and the kids were talking about me at dinner. I play that I know was less French than I do, and I heard the French word for peanut butter. Haha the pettiness cracks me up. Anyways, after dinner, Sandrine came home so they together put the kids to bed. At 10, they were all finally asleep, and I knew what awaited me in the morning.

I was right.  In the morning the kids were exhausted and took that exhaustion out on me. Lucky me huh? But then they were off to school, off to be some poor teacher's problem. I was on my own. I took a shower and watched Match Point - good movie, but very predictable. Then I cooked myself some lunch. I made leek, potato, onion, zucchini pureed soup. Delicious. Accompanied by a piece of baguette, as a good Frenchman would do.

Kids are all gone till about 4:30 today. :)))))

XOXO,
Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good day... especially lunch! Hope you were able to enjoy your day and some peace & quiet!

    ReplyDelete