Thursday, March 10, 2011

Samuel is 5 years old!!!

It seems like just yesterday that that little bugger was 4. Because it was. I hope he takes to being 5, and stops being such a pain all the time. I am happy I am not a parent, because I can say Samuel is my favorite. I hope that doesn't make me a bad au pair either. :) This morning I woke up at 6:30 am, before the sun to make American Pancakes. You know, the ones thicker than a piece of paper. I did it just like my mom would do if it was my birthday, a stack of pancakes for the birthday boy, with a candle and all. It was great fun. They don't use baking powder or baking soda in France, and all the family had was yeast, so they turned out rather heavy. A hearty breakfast for the big birthday boy. I am excited for him to open my present. I got him a day of the year calender that will teach him English sayings, and a Star Wars, Clone Wars DVD. I think he will be more interested in the DVD, but I think the calender is pretty sweet.

I got to take Elsa to creche today, so I got to dress her. Her closet is nothing like Mirabelle's (a girl I watch back in the States). No pink amazing dresses and outfits and loads of matching bows, but I made do. On the days I dress her, I make sure she is in tons of pink, as every little princess should be. I got her to creche and came home. I was greeted with the present of cleaning all the dishes in the kitchen from my breakfast party. The repairman is coming today, I really hope he can fix the dishwasher  and restore my favorite activity (doing dishes avec the dish washer). Did you like how I slipped a little French in there, avec = with. Mandy's lesson of the day.

Today I am just going to hang out. The sun has started coming out in Paris and the trees are starting to bud! I am so happy! It is almost spring.

I got asked to dinner for tonight by a French model. Pretty sweet huh? Not as perfect as my last infatuation with the Frenchman who had a great job and amazing hobbies and just happened to look like a model, but still pretty cool. One day I might be able to tell my kids, I once lived in Paris and dated a French model. ;) I'll keep you all posted on how that goes!

XOXO,
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Mandy, that made me smile!!! Little girl clothes are so cute!!;) Lucky for me, Mirabelle still likes her bows, what will I do when that changes?!?! I hope you have fun on your dinner date!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she's like me, it will never change! I miss you all! Come visit me! Mirabelle would fit in perfect (because shes so stylish) on the streets of Paris!

    ReplyDelete