Friday, March 18, 2011

That man is mad (not like angry, the GB kind of mad)

Yesterday with Madison, we went shopping. Bought some really cute clothes for her. Then we went to lunch at a cute little French place. I tried to get her to try duck liver, escargot, or tartar, but she got the salad with bacon. After lunch we came home and took a cat nap. Then woke up and got Elsa from daycare. We were the first ones home. Josephine came back 30 minutes later with the boys. Maddie and I played down stairs with the kids, and Gabrielle went to dance. I bathed the boys, ate with them, and everything felt like a normal day.

Then Jean-Francois asked me to talk with him. He called me out of the room, and in my head I was just thinking, what does this horribly disrespectful man have to say to me now. He began: "Josephine went into your bathroom today and she said it was not clean." I said, yes I haven't gotten around to it, but if you wish I will do it tomorrow. Then he went on, we gave you a new bathroom with cleaning products and sponges, you should be cleaning it twice a week. I said, like his kids, I was raised with a house cleaner, so something like scrubbing a bathroom occasionally slips my mind. He went on to criticize the way I was raised, saying I can't believe your parents never taught you that, mine did. I then replied, oh, so your kids know how to clean a bathroom? He said, they are a little young. HA! I would love to see the day he tries to teach any of his children how to clean. They can't even clean themselves, and I have to bathe even the 8 and 9 year old. I quickly straightened up my bathroom, because I wanted to go out for St. Patty's. And walked back out to him and said, I picked it up, would you like to inspect it. I did this because I know the second I took a step out of this house, he would be up in my room going through everything. He jumped at the opportunity. Then he walked around my entire bathroom pointing out how disgusting this way or lifting up my drain plug and saying you need to clean here. At that point I was fuming mad. If I didn't myself out of there I would have said something (true) that would have gotten me fired. Remind me to thank Josephine for prompting this. And after she laid in bed for a week "sick" and I did twice the work for her. I'm glad to know how this relationship is really going to be from now on.

This morning it took everything I had to be polite to J-F. I really have never met someone who looked and talked down on me so much. I have never been treated like a 2nd class citizen before I came to work here. I am really to proud for this job, and soon I think I am going to break, and just go insane on him.

I got the kids ready for school, fed them and all was ok. Then on the way out Sandrine said, make sure you are helping Josephine, so she doesn't feel like you are making more work for her. Again, I am doing the same work as I ever did, Josephine cooks and does the heavy (laundry, ironing, moping) housework, I am still doing everything else. So, I am not sure why she is saying things to the parents, I guess she suddenly had a change of heart and intends to make living here hell again for me? I don't know.

Sorry for this awful complaining blog. If I don't write it down I will snap, and get fired. I am looking as today as a new day and I am praying I can be civil with Josephine. Knowing my personality, I would usually be anything but civil after she turned on me like that.

XOXO,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment