Sunday, January 2, 2011

premièr jour

The first day here has been amazing! I slept till 10 then went down for breakfast. I had bread with butter and tea. I met the children and bonded instantly with them, especially Gabrielle and Raphaelle. Caroline seems shy, but she is very smart and helps me alot. Marc-Etienne is also shy. I watched the Princess and the Frog in French with the children and Raphaelle insisted on sitting in my lap.

Lunch was delicious! I had duck liver for the first time as an appetizer. The children love it, though it was good, I cannot see myself going out of my way to get it again. For the meal we had salmon with onions, sun dried tomatoes and lemon with a side of barley. The vin was tres bon! Since it was the epiphany today we had the french version of a king cake.

After lunch I showed the children some of my things in my studio. Then we went to town while the twins (Caroline and Gabrielle) stayed home. I was shown the 2 youngest' school and  the parents office. In town we went to a cafe and I got a cafe creme.

Dijon is a very old town. Everywhere you turn there are old beautiful buildings. I will put up pictures soon!

For dinner we had carrot soup and cheese and yogurt.

My work begins tomorrow when I pick Raphaelle up from school at 4:45.

The time change is beginning to wear on me. I am going to sleep now and it is not even 9pm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment