Wednesday, January 5, 2011

phewwww :)

If I said I was tired yesterday, today it takes on a whole new meaning! I am EXHAUSTED! I fell asleep last night for an hour then woke up and skyped with Berit and didn't go back to sleep until 3. Which wouldn't have been a big deal except I woke up at 7!!! I got dressed in my studio and went to the house to have breakfast with Raphaelle and Brigitte. Caroline and Gabrielle were already at school. The older girls have school in the morning on Wednesdays, not the younger 2, but Marc-Etienne was with his grandfather. So we ate the usual, bread and butter, yogurt and fruit. Then I played games with Raphaelle. After that we took down the Christmas tree, and got Raphaelle dressed for tennis.

Since tennis is far away, I will have to drive. I know, scary huh? Brigitte showed me the way to go. We dropped Raphaelle off at tennis then came home. During the hour she was at tennis I prepared lunch. I made rosemary chicken with rosemary potatoes, carrots and onion. They LOVED it which made me so happy! After lunch we played some more. Then it was time to take Caroline to flute lessons, where I had to drive again. Driving in Dijon is not as bad as I thought it would be. After we dropped off Caroline we came home and Raphaelle and I watched The Princess and the Frog. Before we went to pick up Caroline, Brigitte showed me where the school was, that I will be taking french at. It isn't to bad of a walk, but luckily Karissa left me her bike, which will be a huge time saver! Then we got Caroline from flute lessons.

When we got home, Gabrielle was already home. She had to stay at school until 3 today for detention for passing notes. I remember that age, I think its funny that they must stay at school for 4 more hours for simply passing a not to a friend. We had a snack, little cake things with melted chocolate inside, and the girls also had kiwi with sugar. I thought it was crazy, I have never seen anyone put sugar on a kiwi before. Then I finished the movie with Raphaelle, bathed her, and began to make dinner. For dinner I made french onion soup. Gabrielle and Caroline were quick to tell me they have never had that soup before, even though it is called french onion. Brigitte told me they usually only serve it at weddings, but they liked it, especially Brigitte! I was so happy that my cooking is to their liking, I am worried before I serve each dish. Tomorrow I will tackle quiche. After dinner, we played a bit then I put Raphaelle to bed. I was off after that and now I am sitting in my studio, no, rather laying from exhaustion and I'm about to call it a night. I am praying I sleep through the night, because I have class at 8 in the morning tomorrow, that would be 1 am to all you folks back home. Anyways, wish me luck and pray that I learn french soon!

Ohhh before I forget, I gave Brigitte a notebook with sayings from texas, and when she says 'howdy yall' it is so cute! I try not to crack up!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment