Monday, January 10, 2011

Vin et Cafe

Yesterday I woke up and went to church with the family. The service was good, I understood a little bit, and what I didnt understand Caroline translated for me. After church we came home and had pork and veggies for lunch. With cheese and wine and fruit. Then I studied french all day. For dinner I had my left over cabbage soup.

Today I woke up and went to school. I am trying super hard to learn french. In class today I learned how to ask questions. For lunch I went to a little restaurant down the street from my school. I never ordered a thing, but somehow I got food. She brought me out a glass of white wine, bread and a salad with a fried egg on top. These people eat so much for lunch, and practically nothing at dinner. Then when I finished the salad, she took my plate, and brought me a plate of beef and carrots with a side of pasta, with another glass of wine. I honestly dont know know these people eat like this and stay so flippin' thin. I was full after just a few bites, since I'm not used to eating so much for lunch, but the waitress (who was an older lady) insisted I finish it. When she took the plate I practically yelled non desert si vous plat. So she brought me a coffee. The french, or at least the ones here, run on vin (wine) and cafe (coffee), but not coffee like in america, it is super strong shots of espresso they have. Crazyness.

After that, I explored the city and took some pictures. Then I went to the bar where I made friends and spent the afternoon sipping coffee and trying to converse.

Then I got Raphaelle from school. Gave her a snack. Bathed her. The I heated the soup Brigitte left for me (pea soup) and fed the girls. Gabrielle got me in trouble today, she said she had finished her homework, but when her mom came home, turns out she hadn't. Oh how I remember those days. Not so fun when you're on the other side.

Tomorrow I dont have class but I'm going in anyway. It gives me something to do.

PS the blog is acting up and wont let me upload pictures so I put them on my facebook album titled Janvier en France

No comments:

Post a Comment