Monday, January 3, 2011

jour deux

My first solo lunch
Today was amazing! I slept until 9:00, then took a shower, it was difficult to keep the water from the floor because my bathtub is different, I'll put up a picture soon! Then I went to the house for breakfast. The children were already at school and the parents were at work. I had bread and butter, a clementine and a coffee. Then I went back to my studio and just hung out. I fell asleep, the time change is still a little hard to get used to. I woke up for lunch and made myself chicken cordon bleu, tomato slices, and white wine. After lunch I got ready for my day.

I got brave and decided to explore the town. I walked around the neighborhood, then into town. I went to a bar, that sold coffee. No, I was not downing alcohol at 2:00 pm haha. I ordered a cafe creme (coffee with cream) all by myself and received it! I felt very accomplished! I need to begin to learn how to communicate soon, it was frustrating today. After my coffee, I began to walk home. On the street a younger man approached me and tried to talk to me, he didnt speak english and I can't exactly speak french so after about 10 minutes he gave up. I was able to answer that I did not have a cell phone, and that I was a student. He pinched my cheek and said learn french. He was very nice, though I think he did offer me a ride, I declined. By the time I got home, it was time to go get Raphaelle from school.

The the school, Brigette met me in the yard to show me where Raphaelle's class was. She took Marc to the doctor so it was just me and Raphaelle this afternoon until the twins came home. I gave Raphaelle a snack. She wanted yogurt with sugar. She asked for 3 scoops of sugar, but settled on 2. After her snack, she wanted to take a bath. I bathed her, put her in pajamas and we went to make dinner. Raphaelle is very eager to help, and she speaks the best english. We made a caprese salad with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, and balsamic vinaigrette, a cucumber salad with yogurt, and slices of ham, lunch meat style. For dinner it was just Raphaelle, Caroline, Gabrielle and I. They all ate. Raphaelle was quick to tell me she didn't like tomatoes, but I made her eat 2 bites anyway. Gabrielle doesn't like ham, and Caroline doesn't like mozzarella cheese. For dessert we had left over cake. The girls all helped clean after dinner. When dinner was over, Marc and M. Besson got home. Then I read Raphaelle a book and she went to bed. I was done at that point.

I had plans to go out with another au pair from Argentina and her boyfriend, but something came up so we are going to coffee tomorrow afternoon. She was very nice and welcoming. I really think I am going to like it here!



A beautiful building in town

This is the statue for those who died in WW1

Another view

The church the family attends, Brigitte said it wasn't beautiful. Pshhh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment