Tuesday, January 4, 2011

great day

I am very tired so I am going to make this short. I woke up at 12 and had brunch. I had bread and butter, ham and yogurt. Then I got ready to have coffee with 2 other au pairs, one from argentina and one from london. We went to a cafe, it was very nice. Then we met up with Ana's boyfriend (au pair from argentina) her boyfriend was french. We then went to another cafe. After that the girl from london took me to a shop to buy a blow dryer. From there it was time to walk to the children's school to pick them up. On the way there I stopped by a flower shop and bought myself 5 roses for 5 euros. Then I got the children from school. Marc-Etienne stays with his grandfather on tuesday nights, so I got to meet his grandfather and he drove us home.

When we got home Caroline was already there. Raphaelle had a yogurt for snack and settled on 1 spoon of sugar in it today. Her grandfather had just giver her a piece of candy. Then both girls came to my studio to help put my flowers in a vase. Raphaelle saw my make up, so Caroline put some eye shadow on her. And she wanted to wear my perfume. She is so cute. Then I gave Raphaelle a bath, and put her in pajamas. After her bath, it was time to cook dinner. I made a frozen pizza and a salad. They love french dressing Karissa used to make, and insisted that I learn how to as well before the bottle they have left over from Karissa runs out. Brigitte laughed that though it is called french dressing, she had never had it before Karissa introduced them to it. They all ate and for dessert they had yogurt.

Brigitte bought me a water boiler thing to make tea today, so I will start having tea more often, because the coffee is so strong here. I have to plan a menu for dinners, so I would appreciate comments with recipes of your favorite soups, and other meatless, VERY LIGHT dinner ideas. They do not eat alot at dinner, their big meal is lunch.

Tomorrow the Raphaelle is off school, but the twins have to go in. I will be watching Raphaelle all day. Today was good, even though it was cold. I really do love it here, and the children are amazing!

Bonne Nuit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment