Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Today is a new day.

I just woke up this morning with optimism all around me. I feel like turning this experience into a good one, and growing from it. Yes, the event of the last 36 hours feel like they came straight out of a horror movie, but I am young and resilient, and will move on from this with a world of wisdom. I think I am going to explore the city today. I am after all in France, young, healthy, and free. Thank you for all of your kind words of hope in this really wretched time, they have all helped immensely. I have my head high, and I am looking forward, not back.

Love and safety,
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. It's true, You will!!! Want to move to Lyon and take over my job?? ;) I am going home Feb 26!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I don't know if this whole Au Pair thing is my calling in life. I love kids, but I'm not sure I am all that into parents. Too much drama for me. I'm glad I got out early! I'll consider it! Is your family a little less crazy than my last one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain" Dolly Parton. It looks like you are going to get your rainbow Mandy!

    ReplyDelete