Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chapter 2 Ends

Two weeks ago we awoke to tears through the phone from 5,000 miles away.  Within 2 hours, I had booked flights and hotel stays to get Amanda home. With a village of friends reaching out to their network across the globe, the chapter ends happily.  We are forever grateful to Lois Ferrara, exchange student "aunt" to Lucie deRostolan, and Lucie's parents Elisabeth and Hubert for finding the connection to Mandy's new family.  It allows her to stay in France until the end of July and take care of 4 beautiful, happy children.

I've had 10 days of a most unexpected and fun holiday in French provencial Dijon and the great city of Paris.   Thank you for following along and encouraging us as we discovered friends and beautiful places.  It will be a memory that Amanda and I will treasure always.

There's so much to see here that I feel as though I just sampled Paris.  I would like to come again some spring or summer when everything is green and blooming.

I am very comfortable with Amanda's new situation.  As Amanda says, having the family meet me made her more real and not like a mail-order servant.  And a week together in Paris was a good orientation prior to her employment.  She can easily get around the subways and buses.  It is very safe here.  Teens ride it alone to get to and from school.

Oh, and I got the name of the family wrong.  Sandrine kept her maiden name.  They are the Lelouche family - that sounds so French!

By the time you read this, I will be flying home or already back in Texas.  I leave at 11:40 a.m., fly for 11 hours, and arrive in Dallas at 3:40 p.m. on the same day!  I'm sure I'll have 500 emails at work to dig through.  But that is comforting to know I have my normal routine waiting.  Plus, I get to see my Maddie and Jeff and Scottie!!!  We start campaigning for Richardson City Council until the May 14 election.  It will be a busy spring.

Je t'aime, Texas et Paris!
Lisa - final guest blog mum

No comments:

Post a Comment