Friday, January 21, 2011

What a day, what a day, what a mighty fine day!

Woo, have we had a long day. We woke up and had breakfast. Went back to the room and showered and got ready for the day. Then we ventured out, and found my mom a place to get a hair cut. I think you have to have guts to get a haircut in a place where you can't speak french and the people cant speak english. but her hair turned out marvelous!

Then we went to my favorite restaurant where I made friends with the older owner woman. It was a blast and the food was great as usual. My mom loved it!

Then I dropped my mom off at the museum so I could go get a manicure. It was fun again to try and speak with the people who didn't know english. At least I wasn't trusting them with anything as big as a haircut :). I got pink nails and they put pink rhinestones on them. After I went back to the museum to get my mom, we stopped into a cute shop I had gone to and got teas.

We came back to the hotel so my mom could call into work, and I could take a nap.

After I was rested up we went to a restaurant and it was yet again amazing. We got escargot for an appetizer and it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. It tastes alot like crawfish. Then my mom got stuffed cheese in figs then wrapped in bacon and covered in a pastry shell and a salad for dinner, and I got an amazing steak and cheesy potatoes with a spinach tarte. It was all to die for. Of course we had great wine to go with it. When in rome... For desert my mom got a turned over apple tart with what she called the best ice cream she has ever tasted. She actually said, and I quote "I could die after this meal, this is heaven" I had mint ice cream with mint brandy. Overall, it was amazing!

At dinner we sat by a really sweet couple on a date that told us we needed to go to the Notre Dame, no not the one in Paris, there is one in Dijon, because on the side of it, there is an owl that people rub and make a wish on. So we found that, and I made a wish. And don't worry, I did not wish any harm to the woman who tried to make my French experience hell :). Though I don't know how many of you would have blamed me if I had!

We then ventured back to the hotel, and packed all of the stuff up. I brought a big pink trunk with me on my expected year stay in France, but it has turned out to be a huge pain to lug around, so we are ditching it here.

We are calling it a night, to catch the early train to Paris. This will be my last post from Dijon. So thank you Dijon, overall you have been amazing to me!

XOXO,
Mandy & Mom


PS- It won't let me put my pictures up here, so they will be added to facebook. 

1 comment: