Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Maybe this place isn't so bad after all.

So maybe every French person isn't so bad after all. I had a lovely dinner with a family friend of my beautiful angel Lucie's family. Sorry for the awkwardness of that last sentence, it has been a long day, and I am not really sure how to word it. Anyways, I had dinner with a very smart young man who is from Paris but lived in NYC and the UK and is now working in Dijon. He alone has possibly made better my views until now that I have held of French people. It was a lovely dinner, I had risotto with shrimp and mushrooms; he like a good Frenchmen had beef tar-tare. Don't worry, of course I took a picture to show you all. Only in France is it O.K. to order RAW beef as a meal and not think twice about it. Anyways, this man was a genius and knew a ton about probably everything.   I learned a lot about France and Dijon through him. It was a lovely night. Definitely something I needed after the event of this last week.

Thank you for all who are rooting for me through out this whole thing, I can really feel your support and it has made this whole experience bearable. I love you all and would love to tell each of you how truly grateful I am, in person when I arrive home.

XOXO - Love and Safety,
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. So there really is a rainbow after the rain! So happy you're happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandy,
    I just hate that this happened to you. Life is so tough sometimes. I'm bummed for Joshua because he was really looking forward to getting together with you when he gets to England next month.

    ReplyDelete