Saturday, January 15, 2011

Museum

So I slept in today, Yay! Then I got ready and took a BUS, yes thats right, I've finally figured out Dijon's public transportation system, and I took a bus to the museum. The museum was wonderful, mom, you'll love it when you come visit. And, on top of that, it was FREE! The museum was in a gorgeous old building and had tons of beautiful art.




























So, after the museum I went to a cafe and had the best burger ever. Who would have though someone from Texas could say they had their best burger in Dijon, France? Crazy. For desert I got creme brulee, I am honestly loving the fact that you can go to any restaurant here and get creme brulee. The meal was awesome, but when I got the bill, it became a little less awesome. When charged 3,50 Euros for a glass of water, they claimed was Evian, but I'm pretty sure was just tap water in a Evian bottle, that kind of sucked.

Yummy bread

Delicious Burger

Creme brulee!
I have also discovered if the restaurant workers speak english chances are, it's going to be a very expensive meal.

I took the bus home and now I am just hanging out relaxing sans kids. May muster up the courage to go to the bar where foreign people hang out, alone, tonight. I bet I could make friends there.

2 things I am thankful for:

  1. My new so comfortable but horribly ugly new shoes.
it pains me to actually show these

yes, i know they are ugly

but does the comfort count for anything?

2.   Figuring out how to take the bus.

4 comments:

  1. Mandy, I can't wait to go to the museums and churches of Dijon!

    We still want to see a picture of the shoes.

    Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo glad you ventured out! I love museums also. They have away of whisking you into another time and place. Hey, whatcha gonna do tomorrow? Movie? Shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mandy,

    I'm going to be studying just outside of Paris :)

    ReplyDelete