Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tears.

I probably just had the worst experience of my life. I went to a cafe near the twins music lesson with Raphaelle to get a coffee and juice before it was time to pick them up. Thanks to my wonderful bank, when it was time to pay, my card got declined. I left Raphaelle at the cafe and walked across the street to the ATM where again my card was declined, despite me having well over $500 in it. Then the girls got out of music so I walked them to the cafe, while they freaked out I left their sister there. I know looking back it was probably dumb to leave a 5 year old alone for 5 minutes but in my defense I left her with the nice older lady who owned the place. When I got back to the cafe I had to ask the twins to borrow money to pay our 4 Euro tab. Then I broke down and started crying in front of all of them. They must have thought I was crazy. So my love affair with America's Credit Union is now over. Despite my love for the super attractive banker man, I hate them. Before leaving, I informed them I would be in Dijon, FR for the next year, so 'don't think my card is stolen and turn it off.' But thats exactly what they did. I am so mad right now. And will only have ACU to blame if I loose my job over this. I wish I was home right now so I could go to the bank myself and chew them out, so mum I'm leaving it up to you to tell them how mad I am. Make me proud.

6 comments:

  1. I too have been fed up with banks. Before going to Italy last summer, I called our bank VP who is a personal friend and told her. Well, there was not ONE bank in any of the cities we visited that would take our ATM card. I even called our VP from Italy & was told it would work. Ended up wiring $$ to Umbi's dad's bank. Felt like a pauper; embarrasing. Surely this will all get sorted out. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. open a French one! I swear it will make everything so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crude lesson!
    Remember Europe dislikes credit cards, everyone uses cash!
    It will get better!
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont think I know enough french to try to open an account with a bank here yet, but I as soon as I do, I will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy hearing from you Elena. It's probably been over a year since we've last spoken. I'm glad you're reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandy Rose, you've had worse days, but this was definitely traumatic. I spoke with America's Credit Union and there seems to be fraudulent activity on your card. Seems it has been compromised on the internet and they blocked a questionable charge to a website that was trying to take a significant amount of your money. Lucky that they have controls in place to stop that. Got it fixed, and your card turned back on. Dad will investigate the internet charges and we may have to get you a new card out to you overnight with a new number.

    Deal in cash right now until we figure this out.

    Tomorrow's another day.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete