Saturday, April 30, 2011

We only part to meet again.

I am working on saying au revoir to this city I have called home for the last 4 months. I have begun a love affair with Paris that is far from being over. I have had the opportunity to live in what I think is the most beautiful city in the worlds, and meet very interesting people I would have not otherwise had the opportunity to encounter. In short, I am very home sick and very much looking forward to be surrounded again by my friends and family. I do not think I will be leaving this city never to return, after all, I do not think anybody who has ever called Paris home would be able to leave never to return. I absolutely love this city as much as one could love a place. I was given a final tour by car last night, and seeing the Eiffel Tower, which I have more or less seen everyday since I have been here, all lit up on the Parisian skyline, brought tears to my eyes. I have grown in this city, and will not be going home the same person I was when I left. Paris will always be a part of me, a big part. I know I will be returning which makes the goodbye a little easier. I can not wait to one day bring my children here, and remanence on all the memories I made here with them. Despite the times when I wish I would have never taken part of this crazy French journey, looking back I wouldn't take a minute of it back. Paris, je t'aime toujours et pour toujours.


XOXO,
Mandy


PS - I will be posting my final thoughts upon returning to the states, of what I learned and ect. Stay tuned for my farewell blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment