Saturday, April 2, 2011

ITS MY ROOM!

Part of the reason I get paid so little is because I have room and board included. In my mind I thought that would mean, I got a place on my own, a place where the kids couldn't go. A room, my room. This would have all been the way it was except I work for parents that are unable to upset their daughter by telling her, the room is mine while I am living here, and she needs to respect that. When I am the only person telling her she should ask  before she goes in my room, and J-F and S are in a way saying the opposite by not making the clear distinction to her that it is indeed my room. Though it was hers before I began working here, and it will be hers after, in the time in-between, IT IS MY ROOM. Gabrielle has a friend over at the moment, and while I was upstairs, she got the bright idea that a necklace was in my room and she wanted it. I can down stairs the exact moment that they were rummaging about my stuff looking for a necklace. I could feel my blood begin to boil. Even when I was a kid, I had a room, a room that was mine, and a place others respected, and now here I am, an adult, without that right. Anyways, I grabbed Gabrielle and I said I  TOLD YOU TO ASK BEFORE YOU CAME INTO MY ROOM. She rolled her eyes, and said it is my room and I am looking for my necklace. I could of smacked her, but at the same time, she's not worth the effort when she's in her megabiotch mood. I then took a breath, ready to have this same fight for what seems like the millionth time since my arrival (and only because the parents won't step in and help me enforce some boundaries). I said, it was your room, but right now and until August it is mine, and because it is mine you must ask me before you go in. Turning back to continue to go through my things, she said it is my room. AHHHHHHHH! I grabbed her, dragged her out of the room, and yelled you will not step foot in there until I leave in August! She just looked at me and laughed and walked up stairs. This house in 10-x's more happy with her away. She alone brings down the entire mood in the house with her bad attitude.

Ok, enough venting for me. Tomorrow I have the entire day off! I am going to church, and then to Versailles with Jasmine I think. AND IN 7 DAYS THE FAMILY WILL BE GONE! I just have to keep looking to the future, thats what gets me through.

XOXO,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment