Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hope Yall Are Still Interested

I am closing the au pair chapter of my life, and figuring out what the next one will be. I woke up this morning when I wanted, good thing France is still on vaca, so I don't feel too bad. I made some toast and sat outside with Tiphane *sp*. I so do not envy how stressful getting into college is here. I know we think its hard in America, but you have no idea.

I went to the Louvre to give back a book I borrowed from a friend. Just incase I decide to leave here, I need to tie up the little loose ends I have. Then I went on a crazy search for the American Church. They put up adds for babysitters (not au pair, don't worry, I am not doing that again) and tutors, from English speakers. Since Elisabeth offered me the room till Lucie returns, might as well explore my options before I make a decision. Don't worry yall in Texas, I am still leaning towards coming home. I have never been a very good mooch, I feel too bad.

You would think after 4 months living in this place, I would be able to find a church and then be able to get home, but no. I walked for what seemed like an hour in search of a metro. Then when I found it I discovered I had past 2 stops before I got to the one I got on. Not a proud moment.

I came back to my new home, on a new line, but it feels warmer than my last home. They actually want me here beyond the means of exploiting me. Novel idea. I applied to the tutoring jobs/after school babysitting, with SET HOURS and CONTRACTS! Amazing, I am slowly restoring my faith in the working society of France.

Then I got changed and met up Kara and a new au pair friend, Maya for Mexican food. The restaurant was 19 stops from my new home, and even further for Kara. It is amazing the lengths us Texas girls will go to to get some Mexican food. :) We talked, drank Corona and had a good time.

Now I am home, in a new "home" sitting at Lucies desk.

I really do hope yall are all still interested in my life sans au pairing, I'll try to get some drama in here somewhere, not with the deRostolan's but I'll search else where. Maybe I'll find a French boyfriend or something juicy like that.

XOXO,
Mandy

2 comments:

  1. Well , it looks like YOU MAY NOT be "Still Interested...." Where are the posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for an extra hand to help our with your household and your children?

    Nanny Australia is offering Nanny, Au Pair, Babysitting and Tutoring services to parents in Australia.

    Au Pair companions are international visitors who travel to Australia on a Working or Student Visa to acquire a better understanding and appreciation of Australian life while living with an Australian family and caring for their young children. They become full-fledged family members, sharing a cultural exchange experience, which often leads to a lasting relationship with the host family.

    Should you be interested in hosting an Au Pair, please email our friendly team and we will answer all your questions.

    team@nannyaustralia.com.au
    Find Babysitter in Australia

    ReplyDelete