Friday, April 8, 2011

keep me from going crazy

I had a light bulb moment. Yes, my living situation is not ideal, but why not attempt to make the best of it. After all, if I survive this I can do anything. Anything after this will be a walk in the park. After sulking for a little bit and reading, I decided to clean my room top to bottom. Change the sheets, vacuum, scrub the whole shabang, and I didn't even have to take Adderall to do so :). I have also decided to shorten this excursion and leave at the end of May instead of in July. That means I'll be back home for summer, surrounded by friend and family that love me. I will be preparing to continue my education and move on from this experience with a new outlook on life, after all that is what I set out to do in the first place. So until then, I will take each day as it comes, and work on those aspects in my life that need working on. For example, taking criticism and setting my pride on the back burner. The life of an au pair is a great place to work on both of those and oh-so-many-more vices of mine.

Not to worry, I will still keep you up-to-date on how the little devils are misbehaving in unimaginable ways, but no longer will that and the parents' criticisms define my life. A rude comment at dinner will not put me in a no-good-very-bad mood, neither will a comment on my intelligence. I will do my job well, but after all it is indeed just a job.

I know this change will take work, but I have 11 days starting at 10 am tomorrow to push myself to be ready for when they return.

I hope you all can't wait to hear about my adventures sans the family and au pair working, because I can't wait to experience it and write all about it.

XOXO,
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment