Saturday, April 2, 2011

The hardest job in the world.

Growing up I heard raising a child (more specifically being a mother) is the hardest job in the world. Looking at it I always thought you get to play with kids all day, how hard can it be. I am starting to grasp how difficult it is indeed to raise a kid, on the rare occasions where they are listening and not mouthing off, they are making a mess or vomiting. I say vomiting because I just spent the last 30 minutes cleaning up vomit from Elsa who first vomited all over me (and I was wearing white), then I put her down and she did it all over her bedroom floor, then I ran her to the bathroom and she got sick there as well. So I think after being a mother, an au pair may have the hardest job in the world, but in my case I am playing mommy. Yet another reason why I won't be having children for a long long time. Its way harder than it looks from the outside.

XOXO,
Mandy

1 comment:

  1. Teenagers are more difficult I think, in different ways. But, they don't smell as bad as what you've had to deal with. Ewwwweeee...

    ReplyDelete